01 Nov The Ten Commandments of Social Media Marketing
Our ten rules to live by when considering social media marketing for your small business.
- Thou shall provide value to the audience
- Thou shall know your purpose of being on social media and measure accordingly
- Thou shall use proper grammar and spelling
- Thou shall not linkbait
- Thou shall honor the original content creator if you use their content
- Thou shall not pay for blogger posts
- Thou shall plan your content
- Thou shall respond to your audience’s comments to a reasonable degree
- Thou shall treat your audience as you would want a friend to treat you
- Thou shall know your voice
Clearly, a simple ten-item list isn’t comprehensive when it comes to creating and maintaining a social media presence for your small business. There is a lot that goes into a strong social media community or outreach program. It’s always important ensure that you are staying on target with your marketing goals and brand identity, no matter if you’re creating an Instagram profile, a Facebook page, reaching out to bloggers, or more. Without a strong sense of your social media marketing strategy, it’s easy to get lost in the whirlwind of it all (like this time a top online dating app lost their head on Twitter against a popular magazine).
Do you have your own rules? Share them in the comments! If you have any questions about social media marketing for your small business, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’d love to chat!